Patel Law serves businesses statewide in managing visa applications. Whether you are a major corporation or a small business owner, we can help facilitate the issuance of an employee temporary work visa for employees, as well as the processing of their permanent resident (“green card”) status. United States immigration law allows foreign business owners, investors, and skilled workers entry to the U.S. under certain circumstances and conditions. Our attorneys have more than 10 years of experience in business and family based immigration and are able to guide you through the complexity of Immigration Law.

If you are interested in investing in a U.S. company, starting a business in the United States, or are a skilled worker with an offer of employment, read below some of the most common visas available and contact our office to learn about your opportunities for coming to the United States. Business and Investment Based visas can be complex, so it is important to understand the requirements and process. Often persons who are eligible for employment based visas face challenges and even denials due to technical errors. To ensure best results and avoid lengthy delays, please contact our experienced attorneys for legal advice. Our attorneys have more than 10 years of experience in Business and Family Based Immigration. Our Attorneys will work closely with you and or your employer to ensure that the process in attaining your visa is smooth as possible.

We provide representation in the following business immigration matters:

F-1 Student Visa

The F-1 Visa (Academic Student) allows you to enter the United States as a full-time student at an accredited college, university, seminary, conservatory, academic high school, elementary school, or other academic institution or in a language training program.

L-1 visas (transfer of managers/executives and specialized knowledge employees)
  • L-1 A Visa: Available for business owners or managers looking to open an affiliate branch of their company in the United States. This visa typically allows three-year stays with a seven-year cap.
  • L-1 B Visa: Available for foreign nationals who are “specialized-knowledge personnel” and work for companies with an international presence. This visa typically allows three-year stays with a seven-year cap.
H-1B visas (H visas for professional workers)

Available for most foreign nationals with university degrees (or commensurate work experience) and offers of employment in a related field. This visa generally allows six-year stays with possible extensions.

J-1 exchange visitors visa

he J-1 Visa offers cultural and educational exchange opportunities in the U.S. through a variety of programs overseen by the U.S. State Department. 

TN visas for citizens of Canada and Mexico (NAFTA)

Available for foreign nationals from Mexico or Canada, who have university degrees (or commensurate work experience) and offers of employment for jobs that require that education. This visa generally allows up to three-year stay with no limit on renewals.

R visas for religious workers visa

This visa is available for foreign nationals who are religious ministers and for persons working in a religious vocation or occupation.

P visas for athletes and group entertainers

The P Visa is available for temporary employment in the United States and is granted to alien athletes, artists, and entertainers, and their spouses and children.

O visas for individuals of extraordinary ability

The O Visa is available  for foreign nationals who possess extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics.

EB-5 Investor Visas

The EB-5 Visa is available to foreign nationals willing to invest at least $1 million into new or existing U.S. business enterprises.